GECAS is reaching out to the next generation of innovators and is looking for people who can foster ideas that will revolutionize the world of aviation.
We’re looking for ideas that could become a reality and that have the potential to develop and grow into a real life business.
We want you to think outside of the box and would encourage all ideas that are original and creative, and most importantly, propel the aviation industry into the future.
How to Enter
- Fill out the cover sheet with your personal details
- Write a 1,000-word proposal describing your idea (Word doc or pdf format)
- Enhance your submission with a multimedia submission (mp4 format) of maximum length three minutes
- Email coversheet, proposal and multimedia to firstname.lastname@example.org
(note: if mp4 file size exceeds 20MB, email the link to file on filesharing platform, e.g., dropbox, wetransfer, google drive, etc.)
Closing date for entries is Midnight BST – Friday 27 September 2019
Group entries are welcomed with a maximum of 4 people. Each team member is required to fill a cover sheet & include them collectively at the front of the submission. The word count excludes the cover sheet.
The Selection Process
- The top 5 entries will be invited to the GECAS Shannon Office on Wednesday 30 October 2019 to pitch their ideas to an expert panel of judges including members of the GECAS Senior Leadership Team and independent judges.
- Quality of the idea around the theme of “innovation in aviation”
- Feasibility – Prospects of the idea being able to move forward into a business idea and a business plan
- The winner / winning team will receive €5,000 and the opportunity to meet potential employers as well as the potential opportunity
to an internship with GECAS with the aim to develop the idea (Note: this will be at the discretion of the business after the competition has concluded)
- There will be two runner-up prizes of €1,000 each.
- 27 September 2019: Closing Date for Applications
- 30 October 2019: Pitch to GECAS and winner announced after judges deliberations
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18-24 years old irrespective of their level of education
- Students must be available to attend GECAS Shannon Office (Aviation House, Westpark, Shannon, Co Clare, V14 AN29, Ireland) on Wednesday 30 October 2019
- An expert panel will assess all entries and choose 5 to come forward for a final pitch in Shannon
- In the GECAS Aerovate competition, participants will be asked to present for 30 minutes uninterrupted to the panel of experts. This will be followed by an open discussion with the panel.
- The expert panel will consist of members of the GECAS Senior Leadership Team as well as other industry professionals.
- The decision of the Adjudication Panel is final and GECAS reserves the right to eliminate participants from the competition at any point.
- The prizes of €5,000 and €1,000 are awarded to the team or individual. It is at the team’s discretion on how the prize is to be divided.
- Winning the competition will not automatically lead to an internship and or further development of any idea. Any internship and or further development of a project idea and the participants of any such programme remain at the sole and absolute discretion of GECAS.
- Travel expenses incurred to the value of a maximum €100 will be covered once proof of receipts has been received and verified.
If you have any difficulties or further queries please contact email@example.com and a member of our team will endeavour to answer your question.
For more information, please contact: